Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 March 2011

After finishing my first draft of my front cover I looked at areas of the magazine I could improve to make it meet conventions and the genre better. First I looked at the title and decided that the title "Musement" did not fit the genre of Rock music and that it fitted the genre of technology magazine and entertainment magazine better. After trying to come up with a new name that would the "rock" genre I decided to go with the title "Rock" as it's simple and in your face like rock music. I then decided to change the font to a more bold font that would stand out and be more in your face, I used the drop shadow, inner shadow and a gradient overlay effects on the text to give it some depth and make it seem like its coming out the page. I also chose to get rid of the painted background behind the title and stand first. I then went on to create a different positioning statement that was memorable and used alliteration to do so.
Next I looked at the background of the magazine and seen that it was very plain, so I decided to use the paint brush tool using a spray paint styled brush to create a black, red and white background that keeps in with my colour scheme and also make my image stand out more as in the first draft it seemed masked by all the other effects.
I also seen that some conventions had been missed in the first draft such as the issue date, so I created an issue date that will sit under the title. After resizing some parts of the cover an moving parts around slightly I settled on this for my final cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment