Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Music Magazine First Draft Step By Step

First, using the paint brush tool I created a background which the title will go in-front of, I chose a special brush stroke to make it look like it was spray paint and like its very distorted which fits in with my genre of rock. 
Next, I wrote out my title and using the paint brush tool I painted out section of the letters to make it seem look more distorted which fits my genre of rock.
After I had finished my title, I inserted the image I had chosen to use for my front cover from my photo-shoot. I then cut the background of the image out to make the background plain white which draws more attention to the image itself.
I then used the paint tool again to create a border for the bottom of the page and added some area's of red paint to stick with the colour scheme which was most popular from my customer research. This too is in the style of spray paint to keep continuity throughout the cover.
Using the same brush tool I created a background for the stand first to go in-front of to make it stand out more to the audience.
Next, I used the text tool to create my stand first and chose to use a drop shadow on the bold writing to make it stand out to the reader.
After creating the stand first I used the paint brush tool to create a red cross which is a stylistic feature which will feature in all issues of my magazine as bullet points for headlines. I also entered text showing bands that feature in this issue on the bottom border, these are in white and red which keep with the colour scheme of the magazine
After creating the bullet points for the headlines I wrote the headlines and sub-lines showing which articles feature in this issue. I also added a puff to show the audience that there are free posters in this issue. This is the finished first draft of my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment